22 September 2006

das Wochenende!

today is friday. today is friday! thank god. i am feeling a little better about my life. today had a few horrible things, but it was mostly way better.

BAD
  • got assigned two projects that are due on the same day
  • for lunch i had a cookie and three aspirins that only served to move me from just in pain to in pain and disoriented.
  • we got assigned a dbq essay in APUS that i just know is going to SUCK.
  • mr e still doesnt understand that the up stairwell and the down stairwell do not apply after school and continues to force me to go eighteen miles out of my way to get to my locker at the time of day when i feel least like moving.

however!

GOOD

  • german quiz went fabulously
  • precal homework wasnt due (i havent done it) and i got back a 72 out of 72 on that stupid homework on domain and range.
  • ms wexler now loves me. (we were talking about foreign language night at the football game and i said if i went i would be in a toga with a german sign, and ms wexler was like, "what?" and i told her i was taking german and latin. she said that was great and asked if i was going to major in foreign language. i said i might minor in it but i was going to major in english because i wanted to be an english professor. because i do. she goes, "thats great!" and BEAMS for about three seconds. which is a long time for a beam.)
  • got back three 100 test scores in wexler too. yay summer work saving me from the scarlet letter test on which i most certainly did not succeed
  • presented my latin project (done in about an hour last night), and ms lafon adored it because she loves me and everything else in the world.
  • presented government project too with katie parry and carlizzle. we got a 300 points to divide up and carlisle gave himself a 90 so katie and i could get 105s because he felt like he didnt do anything. how freakin chivalrous is that?

so again, im feeling better. and im going to apply for the memphis in may exchange program. 15 kids get to go to spain in march for like 10 days for free. if i get it ill be in spain on my 17th birthday. that would be the greatest ever. like seriously.

i think tonight i might get some of my not-too-hard but tedious homework done. i have to make a family tree in german and that precal worksheet. maybe ill work on my essay rewrite for wexler. who knows! exciting.

also, "we need to be a learning environment that is conducive to learning." --mr brown

jetzt es ist das wochenende! spitze!

1 comment:

Bekka said...

I miss German. (Ich trage Hot Pants alltäglich.)

I hate Ms. Wexler. I accidentally passed her on the way outside on Friday and I RAN AWAY. She is the symbol of my high school hate.