03 February 2007

night time

i had a horrible dream, the night before last.

i dreamed i left town in an old van with three boys for a two week road trip, and i didnt tell my mother. i called her when we were already gone and left a message on her cell phone, "mom ill be home in two weeks," and that was all. on the road the three boys and i stopped at a hundred gas stations and never got anywhere, but we spent all our money buying useless things out of the little gas station stores. but the trip didnt take two weeks. it took five months, and when we were coming back finally it was just me and i was in my car. on the way home i stopped at a stop sign and saw my mother pass me in her car. i knew it was my mother but it was really hattie. she looked at me so scared and astonished. i realized suddenly she thought i was dead. she looked at me like i was a ghost, and i just kept driving.

it was so, so bad.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

you aren't a ghost! you are skin and bones! skin and bones and I love you!