02 April 2006

I need guidance.

basically i have three choices in my pursuit of a harmonious balance between money and school and life and sleep.
  1. Change nothing: that is, continue with my original plan of working my regular hours (M/W/Th 4-7, Sat 6-9) for $8.00/hr at Trezevant until the end of Junior year. Save enough money to help somewhat significantly in my search to afford college, but possibly become over-stressed in school with my 2.5 APs.
  2. Change a little: Continue working the same at Trez through Junior year, but also pursue the job opportunity I have come upon at the Pink Palace starting at $7.25/hr for the summer (hours unsure). Make a nice chunk of extra money over the summer but potentially miss out on some summer fun because of lost time.
  3. Change everything: Pursue Pink Palace job for the summer along with Trez, but leave the Trez job at the start of Junior year. Get a good deal more sleep, but learn to live with a good deal less money. Join the Y again.

help me. im incapable of making my own decisions. everyone please give your opinions or any other suggestions. kthx.

9 comments:

morgiepoo said...

What do I know about it? Nothing. But I think that it will probably be too hard for you to have a job and take all those classes without wanting to hang youself by your slit wrists. That's just a thought. Maybe you don't have to work the whole year, because I don't want you to work all summer and have no fun. You have to be in the commemorative photoes.

Johnny Gall said...

for reals, I hate offering advice.
go making your own decisions, but for the record, I dislike the alternatives that leads to a decrease in summer fun.
summer fun=Lakeshore (and maybe some other things)

Cadet Amelia said...

if you persued the pink palace thing (which I know nothing about) could I , like, live there when I come and visit? Cause that would be hella fun.

Anonymous said...

Keep working at Trezvant, investigate Pink Palace hours. You're not going to be doing that much work next year, honestly. I don't do hardly anything for Wexler and AP US is just reading (you, know, for those who want to succeed... i don't) and occasional studying. Pre-AP Pre-Cal, if I understand, is about the same workload is Munter, but really hard. If you're not too stressed now, you won't be next year, unless you let it get to your head.

-Dunkan

Anonymous said...

Dude. Summer fun? From the girl who didn't leave her house for two weeks? Need I remind you that while the first three weeks of summery freedom are bliss, the ensuing nine make you want to kill yourself out of boredom? I say go for the summer job. Work Monday through Thursday. Or something. Don't miss out on Lakeshore or anything big, really cool, and application-worthy though. Dinner + movies = none of those. Capeche?
- Hattie -

Eileen said...

I'd say go for option 2. remember that I'm going to be at governors school for 5 weeks and people generally are out of town. when you're bored because you aren't working two jobs, you'll regret it.
saving for college is a really good cause though. you should look at eugene lang...or other colleges that are "private for the price of public". That could help.

Anonymous said...

number 2.

cause the pink palace has dinos.

Anonymous said...

id say go with the one where you quit trez at the start of next year. you could always find a less demanding job if you need money. and you wont kill yourself. which would be a very good thing.

-kristen

Anonymous said...

pink palace jobs are teh rock