05 July 2009

"If every one of them were written down, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."

Seven weeks of camp cannot be properly explained in the amount of time I have before I have to go back to Lakeshore. I try to trust the people who tell me I am doing well. I judge my success based on the contents of warm fuzzies from my campers. We all work all day all week every week and hear constantly that it's not about us, it's about the kids. It is about them, but it's about us a little too. I've learned so much. I'm tired constantly but I'm changing and I think it's for the better. I can see the other people on staff changing too and learning and getting better. There are only four weeks of camp left before deorientation; it will be weird and hard to leave. For that matter, it's hard to stay, but so worth it. I don't know yet if I'll be back next year, so I'm trying to soak it all in over the next month, before I head off to the next terrifying adventure.

No comments: