21 July 2006

I Don't Know How to Turn Off My Brain

so i go to bed at 1130 and wonder for two hours or so. and then i get up again having decided, in my trying-to-sleep stupor, that i dont want to go to white station senior year. where i want to go is a school that will finish up my highschool education with a decent education, but that wont try to kill me with sleep deprivation. that didnt rhyme on purpose. i want a school where i dont have to worry about fifteen thousand asian boys beating me in class rank and knocking me out of fifteen thousand college scholarships that require me to be in the top ten. somewhere where i can focus. and i dont want district kids. but all schools have district kids.

that is, except private ones. and theyre expensive. but they have scholarships.

eileen was talking about going to boarding school. i thought that would be great. really. but eileen has access to far more money than i do.

i just need to get out of all this noise. theres too much distraction. i just need to focus and do well and have confidence in myself.

where can i do that?

i just dont know what to do with myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just finished a book about a girl who went to boarding school. it was really interesting. it makes me want to go to one--
away from home, the people at home, the teachers at home, etc.
i'm pretty sure that there would be even more asian boys to beat you in class rank at boarding school, though.

Anonymous said...

oh,
or you could go to a school with no asian boys.
i don't think my school has any asian boys.
well, maybe it does, but i don't notice any of them.
and you'd still beat them in class rank i'm sure.
haha. that's enough

Johnny Gall said...

pssst.
If you're looking for a school with no high ranking Asians there's Humboldt.
We only have one. And he's only number 6

Anonymous said...

nnooooooooo! you cant. you musnt. really, list post makes me sad. and scared. don't leave me faraaaa. what about all of our plans? huh? if you leave what will happen to nick molinary? what will he do without you? can you really abandon a boy with such beautiful hair?